Contact: David Ridenour or John Carlisle
at (202) 507-6398 or [email protected]
The Earth Day Information Center is offering a free "Earth Day Interview Locator Service" to journalists to assist them in booking environmental experts for Earth Day 1998 interviews. The service offers access to 150 scientists, economists and public policy experts specializing in 28 environmental fields. Experts are available on such issues as global warming, environmental justice, agricultural issues, air quality issues, environmental education, forest health issues, the Endangered Species Act, the Bible's environmental teachings, wetlands and more.
Among the experts in the Earth Day Information Center's extensive database are:
- Dr. John Christy: Associate Professor of Atmospheric Science at the University of Alabama at Huntsville. With Roy Spencer of NASA, he has been measuring atmospheric temperatures by various means for over 18 years. His work has been included in reports of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
- Dr. Bernard Cohen: Professor of Physics and Radiation Health at the University of Pittsburgh, former Director of the Scaife Nuclear Laboratory and recipient of the Health Physics Society's Distinguished Scientific Award. He focuses on nuclear power risks, radiation, radon and waste disposal management.
- Dr. William Burke: Professor of Law and Marine Affairs at the University of Washington. He specializes in such issues as drift-net fishing, whaling issues and fisheries management.
- Earl Butz: Dean Emeritus of Agriculture at Purdue University and former Secretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. He specializes in such topics as pesticides, risk assessment, agricultural science and economics and U.S. farm policy.
- Dr. William Fischel: Vice Chairman of the Department of Economics at Dartmouth College and author of Economics of Zoning Laws. He focuses on land use regulations and zoning laws, farmland preservation and urban sprawl issues.
To book Earth Day 1998 interviews, contact David Ridenour or John Carlisle at (202) 507-6398 or [email protected].
Return to the Earth Day 1998 Information Center
Go to the National Center Home Page
Go to the Environmental Policy Task Force Home Page
Go to the Global Warming Information Center Home Page